HIDE ME UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

There is a beautiful song by Pastor Bruce Parham entitled "Hide Me" that speaks volume to my soul. To "hide" means to put out of sight; to conceal for shelter or protection; to keep secret; to turn (the eyes or face) away in shame or anger; and to remain out of sight. After reading and meditating on the very core of these definitions, I unequivocally understand what Pastor Parham is conveying to his listeners through this song. Personally, it ensures me that since Jesus loves me so that He is willing to hide me in Christ - under the shadow of the Almighty. This testimony of Pastor Parham should also be the testimony of every Christian who loves the Lord.

The words of the song are - "Lord hide me in thy glory, in the secret place of your holiness and grace; That's where I'll worship in thy presence, I'll bless your name and give you reverence; Hide me where your hands of mercy covers me from the enemy . . . Hide me from circumstance; Hide me when I want to take one more chance, Hide me when my strength is weak; Hide me when my eyes want to take one more glance . . . Oh hide me, hide me Jesus, Hide me from the enemy; oh, I'm asking you Lord to hide me Jesus; hide me . . . hide me, even if the enemy you hide is me." These are some of the most powerful words in the song that makes the plea to Jesus so profoundly humble and submissive.

Just think about it. When we are hidden in Jesus, He covers us; we are surrounded by Him; we have nothing to fear because He protects us; He assures us that He is always there; we are not alone; and we will produce spiritual fruits. Colossians 3:3-4 says, "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." So we must first and foremost die to the flesh and ask Jesus to hide us from everything that hinders us from allowing Him to direct our path - "even if the enemy you hide is me."

Being covered by Jesus' blood sustains us when Satan rears its ugly head up seeking to destroy us. But, be encouraged. Psalm 27:5 assures us that "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me upon a rock (out of the reach of my enemy)."

Be still, and know that I am God . . . ." (Psalm 46:10)

3 komente:

Unknown tha...
Komenti u hoq nga administratori i blogut.
Anonim tha...
Komenti u hoq nga administratori i blogut.
Anonim tha...
Komenti u hoq nga administratori i blogut.